Yes, it is that time of year again. We are in the middle of summer and yet we are drawn to Epcot with the smells, the sights, and the food from the International Food and Wine Festival. I know, I know you are thinking but wait isn’t that in the fall? Of course it is and you might think I am crazy for thinking about it but…….. Food and Wine Menus have been released for 2017!!!! WOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!! OHHHHHHH YEA!!!! You can get a look at all of them here. Food and Wine Menus
There are many returning favorites to this years festival, such as the Le Cellier Beef Filet, The Lamb meatball over in New Zealand, the spicy hummus fries in Morocco, the lobster roll at Hops and Barley and of course the always awesome Kalua pork slider from Hawaii. (man I am hungry now) So have no fear the hits are hits for a reason and should not be missed.
What I really want to look at are two new kiosks this year that have really peaked my interests.
First we have Flavors From Fire. C’mon now the name itself it pretty awesome anything with fire is cool in my book, uhhhh or should I say “hot”, never mind. Let’s look at the menu shall we.
- Piggy Wings: Roasted Pork Wings with Korean BBQ Sauce and Sesame Seeds
- Smoked Corned Beef with Warm Crispy Potatoes, Pickled Onions, and Blonde Ale Beer Fondue featuring Bel Gioioso
- Romano and American Grana Cheeses
- Sweet Pancake with Spicy Chipotle Chicken Sausage, Onion Jam, and Maple Butter Syrup
- Chocolate Picante: Dark Chocolate Mousse with Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder, and Raspberry Dust
- Orlando Brewery Smokin’ Blackwater Porter
- Ravenswood Zinfandel, Napa Valley
- Swine Brine featuring Evan Williams Bourbon
Right off the bat both the piggy wings and the smoked corned beef, YES PLEASE!!! Ohhhh and that sweet pancake with spicy chipotle chicken sausage, a little sweet, a little spicy and I can bet a lot of pure deliciousness! Wash that down with a Smokin Blackwater Porter and happiness will ensue.
Also new this year is Coastal Eats.
- Lump Crab Cake with Napa Cabbage Slaw and Avocado Lemongrass Cream
- Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip with Sourdough Baguette
- Seared Scallops with Roasted Corn and Butterbean Succotash and Chili-chipotle Butter Sauce
- Erath Pinot Gris, Oregon
- Soter Planet Pinot Noir, Oregon
Full disclosure I am allergic to Crab and Shellfish so both the crab and shrimp would be a no no. I ate crab and shrimp by the boat load as a kid so I am very jealous of anyone who can eat them. I do think the combo of the crab cake with the Napa cabbage slaw would be amazing but I will bet you a years worth of dole whips that the avocado lemon grass cream puts it over the top! What I could eat would be the scallops and I would eat plenty believe me! I love pairing seafood with a nice wine so this booth would be a must do for us.
I could go on and on and booth by booth but I want to know what you think. What are you looking forward to the most? IS there one thing that jumps out at you? Is there a must have for you? Do you crave one of the yearly hits, or something new? Let me know in the comments.
Check out our sponsors
Enter to win a years worth of Joffrey’s coffee. Be a fan flavor originator! Joffrey’s
Want to save thousands of dollars on DVC? Check out DVC Resale Market
**** Photo Credits: Disneyparks.disney.go.com